Thursday, February 2, 2012

A Worldwide Community Grows

In past posts we featured a designer from India.  In fact, I think we have featured TWO designers from India.  And, now we travel to Europe to meet another designer in our worldwide community and have an opportunity to learn from their 3D printing experience.

The designer is Trompevenlo and the featured model is called "Lady Justice".


While "Lady Justice" is the sole design uploaded so far, it is actually one of a set of original figures created by Trompevenlo.  

What struck me as I viewed the images for this design, was that it is obvious that it is a picture of an object that was printed by a 3D printer!  Let's have a closer look.  Notice the texture.


This was intriguing!  So, it was time to find out more about this artist!  :)

Using the key words "Bubble men", it wasn't long before I arrived at this delightful site originating in the Netherlands.  Even the logo is delightful.


But, it doesn't stop there.  I could show you some of the other pieces in the "Bubble Men" series along with another series called "The Scrappies".  But, I'd much rather you visit their site and enjoy ALL of their work, which is definitely worth exploring.  While there are areas still under construction, that will not stop you from enjoying the trip.  And, I'm sure that you will join me in hoping ALL of the designs find their way to the Cubify site.

As my granddaughters would describe them "They're FUN and SPECIAL!"

But, there is another good reason for visiting www.Trompe.nl.  And, that is a very informative video that shows how their designed are currently turned into bronze sculptures.  I found it fascinating.  I hope that Trompevenlo will share their experience at turning designs into printed objects.  I'm sure there is a lot we can learn from them.

Oh!  I almost forgot.  Check out their video showing the conversion of a 2D image into a 3D Cameo!

Thank you Trompevenlo for a nice trip to a nice site!

No comments:

Post a Comment