WIRELESS - Ad-Hoc Option
Because I prefer to use the Cube with the memory stick, I had not tested the WiFi connection.
I have not been able to connect via WPS as yet.
But, I was able to connect via the "Ad-Hoc" connection option. The trick is to turn on the Cube and search for the Cube on the computer's available wireless choices BEFORE starting the Cubify Client.
The manual actually points this out; but, I thought it important to re-confirm the order.
Frankly, since the Cube requires a response via the touch screen before beginning the print job sent to it wirelessly, I fail to see that there is much benefit by the wireless option. In addition, the Ad-Hoc option appears to require me to choose between the my normal network wireless connection and a wireless connection to the Cube.
Since I print in an outside studio, it's just as convenient to use the USB memory option.
USB Cable - Firmware Updating
When I first tried to connect the Cube to the computer, a USB FAILURE message popped up. This had been reported by another user and it concerned me. Then I discovered the problem. The USB memory stick was still in the machine. Only 1 USB connection can be made at a time. So, be sure to remove the memory stick before plugging in the USB cable.
Once this was done, the failure message went away and the USB connected OK.
HOWEVER.... it did not happen quickly and there was no evdence that it had connected OK. More importantly, when I opened Cubify to upload a firmware update, following the directions in the manual, Cubify, at first, could not find the firmware loader. It was only after another minute or so that all seemed to connect correctly, find the loader and begin working.
While it worked, it was a bit disconcerting. Nothing is scarier for me than uploading new firmware to a device since, in most cases, a failure can mean you've turned a useful device into a brick.
It's unclear to me if the fault lies with Windows or the Cube. But, in any case, I am hoping that they work on refining this process or the description of the process..
The good news is that in the end I still had a working unit and a successful firmware update. :)