Saturday, June 28, 2014

Pre-order open for iSense for the iPad, iPad Air or iPad mini!

The cadets I teach REALLY enjoy using the Sense 3D scanner.  So, they are going to be doubly excited about the iSense for the iPad Air, iPad 4th generation or iPad mini Retina.

That is because it frees them from being tethered to a notebook via a long USB connector.  The upcoming iSense attaches directly to the iPad so the iPad screen and iSense become one.  I've not used one as yet.  But, I can imagine that this integrated approach makes the scanning process a lot simpler.

I hope to be able to test one using an iPad Mini Retina.  My iPad 3 is not supported; but, my granddaughter has the mini.  I will let you know as soon as I've had a chance to test the iSense.

In the meantime, check out the iSense Pages to check it out and pre-order it.

Sense Scanning Realities

I think it is very important that people understand the strengths and limits of Sense scanning.  The Sense is NOT a $30,000 3D scanner.  So, don't expect to be able to use it for precise industrial reverse engineering.  It's a low cost consumer scanner to be used for fun captures that can be printed on our consumer 3D printers,


We have created dozens of scans of our cadets and the Sense scans have been imported into Sculpt to create personalized gifts for the cadet's family.  This is a perfect use for the iSense as well.  In fact, I am expecting that the scanning process will be even easier and more fun since we will have more freedom of movement.

In a classroom situation, a single iSense or Sense will support multiple students and printers.  So, I expect it to be a popular 3D accessory for classroom 3D printing labs.

No comments:

Post a Comment