Wednesday, August 17, 2016

M3D PRO Now on Kickstarter!!!

When 3D Systems ceased production of the Cube series of printers, I began to explore alternatives.

That's when I became acquainted with M3D and the low-cost Micro 3D printer.   At YouthQuest Foundation, we have been experimenting with two of the Micro printers in our 3D ThinkLink lab and I have purchased one for my granddaughters.  It is destined to have an important role in our work with at-risk young people.  In fact, the YouthQuest Foundation's Board of Directors just approved a fund-raising campaign to purchase M3D Micro 3D printers as the anchor of a new peer mentoring program for our cadets.  So, we plan to purchase many more.

More importantly, as I studied the company behind the Micro, it was apparent that they were much more than simply a 3D printer manufacturing company.  At its heart it is an innovation company.  In fact, I was so impressed that I began the IdeaRoom3D blog to feature the M3D line of products.

Several weeks ago, I received an email from M3D that invited me to take part in a video they were creating.  Naturally, I jumped at the chance to meet the team at M3D and I am ALWAYS ready to talk about the wonderful benefits of 3D printing.

Today, I received an email that announced the opening of M3D's KickStarter campaign for the new sensor-rich M3D Pro!  Following the link, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the video in which I participated is on the Kickstarter page.  (I'm the old guy in the red shirt.)  :)

But, that is NOT why I am urging you to visit M3D's Kickstarter page.

Normally these days, I would avoid a KickStarter campaign for a new 3D printer like the plague.  So many in the recent past have ended badly.  But, this one is different.  Having been experimenting with the M3D Micro for a while now, I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am about this new development.  I have gotten to know this company and I've used their products which gives me the utmost confidence to pledge my support.

Remember that I said that M3D is more than simply a 3D printer manufacturer and at its heart M3D is an innovation company?  That is MORE than evident when one examines the M3D Pro.

I could waste your time by trying to write about all the many features I find appealing about this new, unique 3D printer.  But, the M3D KickStarter page does a much better job than I could in presenting all the wonderful new innovations it represents.

I missed out on their first KickStarter campaign for the Micro; but, we're not missing out on this one!  Count us in for a pledge!!!

Here is the Link to the M3D Kickstarter Page.




No comments:

Post a Comment